Crazy Patch today.
Our leader, Marilyn, gave us all some linen and challenged us to make a needle case. I was happy to make the book project but wanted to make it a stitch leaning project.
I decided to make the book 7" square front and back and with about 2" spine. My pages will be 6" square and joined with blanket stitch to the following pages. (I saw this concept on "a Million Little Stitches". I have found a programme called TAST - take a stitch Tuesday on Stitchnthings website. You can do it weekly fortnightly or whenever. I thought this might give some discipline to my venture!
Have a had a lovely morning in the craft room. The normal Mixed Media Class was cancelled so a friend and I had a play time on our own.
I made a background for my Ballerina piece which is made with tea bags and old patterns- finished piece should be should be up next week. I was pleased with the texture I got on the fabric so made enough for my textile surface group exchange for August post out. So good to be ahead as I think things will speed up in the weeks ahead.
Last night my husband took all my postcards I have received in the 12 month challenge to his Stamp Club meeting and they were most admired. Most of course didn't think you could make postcards.
Well at long last several things have happened. I have had 12 days with minimum morphine. The Dr has approved me going on our trip cruising down the Mekong from Cambodia to Vietnam and I am feeling so much better.
When I get out to the main PC I will be able to post pictures and fill in some of the things I have been doing.
I am busy trying to get my entries for our Annual Festival of Quilts finished before we leave on the 21st of August as we arrive home on 6th September and hand in day is 6th October. I don't want a lot of pressure when we get back. I will have one bed quilt to bind.
I have joined a group "Stitchnthings" this has a wonderful array of groups to participate in and wonderful tutorials for many things especially embroidery techniques. I have joined fabric postcards and had my first exchange for that completed. I am also in Surface Design and have sent off our July swap which was printing with found objects. This was fun and I will add a photo when the recipients has got them. Another great feature is you can load five photos a day and some of the work is really inspirational.
I have finished and mounted my "The Forrest Floor" mixed media and have a photo to put up for this piece. It was about a 7 week project and incorporated so many techniques it was really great to do and the variety from the class was great.
Today at my Wednesday group I am going to mount my Paul Klee inspired piece at long last. I am doing it with a facing rather than binding as I did the "Forrest Floor" as I feel it is better for these two pieces. The images below are close up and the finished quilt will be added soon.