I have been working on a challenge with the Surface Textile Group from Stitchinfingers. We were challenged to take February and March to do a piece of work using some of the pieces of fabric we had collected in our swaps over the past. As I have only been in the group six months I haven't had as many swaps but it is amazing how much I have collected already.
I decided to use my discharge dyed black material which had brown/amber undertones.
I stitched a black background with diagonal lines using a variegated thread. Next I cut holes in the piece and inserted from the back selected pieces of the discharged material.
I called the piece "Deconstruction"