Today I had my grandson Axel with me. He has helped collect nails and bits and bobs. As he was so interested I made my first rust dyed pieces with his assistance.
My weekly sewing group. last night I painted a piece of material with acrylic paints and today I hand stitched it for a postcard. Got the stitching finished tonight.
Another hot day for this summer. Most of us have not got the usual energy we desire.
I went to my Crazy Patch Group yesterday and it was good to see everyone for the first meeting of 2015.
I finished another UFO so am ticking them off the list.
We are going to have a small show at the end of the month so have set out to make some small items for the trading table. I have made several little bags for lavender to hang on coat hangers or put in drawers. Just have go and pick lavender to dry to put in them.
This last week has been a busy one. The weather is hot and muggy and not conducive to high activity, however I did get the UFO quilt top finished. Now to decide how to quilt it.
As Wednesdays is my sewing group I decided not to take the machine and work on another UFO which was not completed for Christmas. Will be ready for Christmas 2015 now.
During the week there was a discussion of how to get through your UFO piles.
I had already made a list and prioritised quilts. I then thought further and realised I also had several other works in progress. I made myself a deal and shared it with the discussion group. I will finish one UFO then allow myself a treat day of working on my new dimension of mixed media.
The last three days I have been working on a UFO. I had pieced the blocks then in a moment of madness sewed them altogether. They needed sashings in between and looked very muddled without them. I unpicked them, my least favourite patchwork task, and today joined the top.
I made a postcard with some of my gold tyvek. It is part of my monthly exchange I am doing with Kiwiquilters. All card swaps are on the Kiwiquilters Yahoo web site.
This year on ANZAC Day New Zealand and Australia will celebrate 100 years of the beginning of the Galipoli event in the First World War. ANZAC stands for Australia and New Zealand Army Corp. We celebrate this on the 25th of April annually. The challenge was put out to make 5000 poppies. I understand NZ has about 15000 and Australia has done equally well.
I have been making crocheted ones but many have knitted them. They will make a wonderful show in April when the complete assemblage will travel to the main Centres in NZ.
The blog has had a really slow start due to longish period of ill health.
Here we go I hope.
Today I played with Tyvek.
First I painted the sheet one side gold and the other a charcoal mix.
Then using an iron I melted the tyvek. The side you heat comes up with bubbles and the other side with concave dimples.